The Unknown Woman



I am like the unknown lady who bled for twelve years
And was healed by a mere touch of your robe.


How she must have suffered is known only to her.
How she was healed is known only to you.
Where she went after that is not known to anybody.


She had only heard you preach. 
Her need was so great 
She dared to touch your robe without permission.
She was scared and she trembled.
She was honest and did not hide when you called.


" Someone touched Me; I know that power has gone out from Me"

She was not reprimanded.
Instead, Rabbi, You told her,
"Daughter, your faith has healed you. Go in peace".


Have you called anybody else "Daughter" ?
This nameless believer was blessed with that fond title.

Faith can move mountains. 
It can also heal. 
It can also raise people from the dead.


I pray to you, Rabbi
And I dare to touch the unseen hem of your robe
For my soul has bled for eons.


I pray to you, Rabbi
Not for myself.
I pray to you for all creation


For all this is your handiwork,
For you were from the beginning.
---------------------------------------------------------------


Mark 5:25-34, Luke 8:43-47

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The word came and dwelt among us

The Resurrection.

The Lost Sheep