The Good Friday

Going by tradition, today the Son was crucified. Mudered brutally after a "betrayal". Yet it is the Good Friday. Mother, You were smiing yesterday, on the paschal thursday. And You told me what the crucifixion is all about.

"I lay down my life that I may take it again. No man takes it from me but I lay it down of myself. I have power to lay it down and I have power to take it again. (John 10:17-18)

Today is the day He, your son, the ony begotten son (John 3:16) of his father chose to release himself from the prison of His body. Mission accomplished. "It is finished" (John 19:30) which only refers to the events of that particular life of about thirty three years. For it is not over yet. Indeed, it is far from over. Saying these, his last words in His human form, He chose to return whence He emanated from, to reunite with the Cosmic Father.

Why the Passover day and the Paschal Triduum? Because he chose to be born in that particular Time and Place, to be among a particular people who clearly could not accept Him. Now, Mother, that was just an excuse wasn't it ? He could have chosen to be born anywhere at any point in time. Also, He could have chosen any time to leave his bodily temple (John 2:21). He himself says "I AM" (John 8:58). And he still IS. So why that period in time and why that place? But then which people have waited so patiently for such a long time with never abating hope for The Messiah.

I realize that the everpresent, everloving Son never left this world of humans. For He was sent to save, not condemn the world (John 3:17). The Omnipresent will not directly involve Himsef (Herself) in worldy matters, since He is outside His own Creation. But the Son can. And says He "I and My Father are one" (John 10:30). Since the Father is eternal, so is the Son.

The Messiah without His physical body cannot be seen or heard, except by very few. But the presence of the Son lives on to show the way to Cosmic Bliss, the unmoving, immutabe Truth for which the soul of every man and woman thirsts. For that is where we all came from. The dust of the Cosmos unto which everyone must return.

"Follow me", says he. (Luke 9:23). For how long. Unto eternity if it be so required. Christ awareness is an evolution, each day bringing new surprises and challenges. "Where I go, you cannot come" (John 8:21). One can aspire to the attainment of Him, but not so fast. Take up your own cross first, after denying your Self..

The Anointed One is a way. An everlasting presence, which permeates every cell in my body, every plane of my soul, every aspect of my being. Blessed indeed are thee Mother and all of mankind, for He chose to spend some years with us

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The word came and dwelt among us

The Resurrection.

The Lost Sheep